My Life's One Desire

For I »must« do the will of God, not my own will. ♥️John 6:38♥️

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Not My Will but Thine

Being sick and taking medicine is not always fun, but if you take the time to listen — the Father will have something glorious to teach you. 

Apple Cider Vinegar, amazingly, helps you get over a cold. Garlic is something else that really helps. However sugar is something that will hinder you from getting better. We have two choices. Either delightful, or the total opposite. 

To make the Apple Cider Vinegar when you are ill, you warm hot water and add two or three tablespoons of the Vinegar. It smells horrendous! If you drink it, it will burn your throat a little, and leave an awful taste in your mouth. 

Sugar, on the other hand comes in many forms, and leaves you with a sore throat. 

The other day I was drinking several cups of Apple Cider Vinegar since I caught a very bad cold. It helped so much. 

As I was drinking it, the Father brought something to my mind. I had a cup in my hand and this un-delightful smell rising to my nose. 

When Jesus was in the garden of Gethsemene, He prayed a simple prayer with loud crying and tears. He prayed that the cup the Father had given Him could be taken away. It was not delightful for Him either, but He also prayed that if the Father wanted Him to, He would.

"Not my will, but thine be done." 

Jesus took the cup, and did His Fathers will. He prayed three times that it could be taken away, but it was not the Fathers will. Since Jesus had such a reverent fear and submission to His Father, He did what His Father wanted from Him. 

There are many little 'cups' that are given to us, and it is up to Him whether He takes them, or if He would rather us deny our own will and do HIS. Will we take the cup He has given us? Or will we choose the other; the plentiful 'sweet' things of the world that leave you sore? 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger.

He is worth it all

>> <<