My Life's One Desire

For I »must« do the will of God, not my own will. ♥️John 6:38♥️

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Only Christ's Love Can Fill

It’s not in the times when all goes right
When your hopes come true
Or your path is full of light

It’s not when your plans come through 
When the details turn out
Or dreams are fulfilled

It’s when your tempted to doubt
Your plans are all spilled
Nothing seems to go as you want

Deep inside is filled with pain
Your past is there to haunt
Nevertheless it’s not in vain

Only if instead of doubting 
You go deeper still
Into your inner being 

Where only Christ’s love can fill 
Crying out in earnest
Knowing He loves you even then

When the pain seems the hardest
Give to Him the pen
He will write His story 
He desires for nothing in between 
That you would desire Him only 

For something Ive seen 
Being in secret with Him
Is truly sweet above anything 
All other dreams then grow dim

There only my heart can sing
In such faith, hope and love
Letting go of my ambitions
He’s silently planning above 

There my goals transition 
Faith and love are proved here
In the trial and in the test
When I’m tempted to fear 
His power shows up best

He draws nearer through it all
If we would only surrender
Our plans whether big or small
We will find His ways are truly better 

As we listen for His voice 
following His leading 
Giving up our own choice
Obeying His pleading
His peace will be our referee 
Our hearts confident in Him
Oh taste and see
He is truly all we need.

He’s there, calling out
In the midst of the stormy sea 
“Leave the boat
And come unto Me.”
 
“Lord, if this is You calling
You will be with me all the way
Only You will keep me from falling
May I not be distracted today
As long as I look to You only
You will be with me
You will receive all the glory.”




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger.

He is worth it all

>> <<