My Life's One Desire

For I »must« do the will of God, not my own will. ♥️John 6:38♥️

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Psalm 23



Psalm 23, a very common Psalm almost every Christian knows or memorizes. Some of the greatest light comes not by reading lots of scripture, or even memorizing the words. Without the Lord's enlightenment, it is difficult to find bread. If we do not listen for His voice, how can we expect to learn from His Word?
Back to Psalm 23. Somehow, the song "Psalm 23" (I think that is what it is called) came to mind from some of the brethren we know wrote music for. I began to sing it in my mind and I eventually came to the part where it says, "Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." and once more, "Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."
I paused for a moment.
I was amazed. How many times I had heard that chapter, and I hadn't deeply meditated on it. Now, in a moment the Father brought into my consideration, "Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."
It is true! The Father is showing us love when He corrects and disciplines us. Shouldn't we be overjoyed when He points areas out in our life that need changing? Those areas where we are weak and we need HIS strength?
How about when brethren correct us? Instead of being upset, shouldn't we be overjoyed? They are truly showing us they care and love us as brothers and sisters of Christ! It is (I find) so easy to become upset with brothers or sisters who correct us. However, as the Proverbs say: "He who heeds correction, shows the way to life." I continually pray and long that I will not be upset when a brother or sister corrects me, and instead be joyful in hope and rejoice fir the body of Christ. He is faithful and will help us in our weaknesses, if we believe. Amen. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger.

He is worth it all

>> <<