My Life's One Desire

For I »must« do the will of God, not my own will. ♥️John 6:38♥️

Thursday, August 6, 2015

His Presence


Even in amidst the hardship, or even doing things you would rather not be doing, the Lord is near you. However, you may not be near Him. As you go throughout your day, you may say, “I don’t feel the Father near me.”

Nevertheless, He will never leave you – you might leave Him. You may not be in His presence. For, in His presence there is fullness of Joy and at His right hand are Pleasures forever more.* 
Can you be at peace and be full of joy, even when you are doing a yucky job? When you are doing God's will, but it just isn't the easiest thing to do? Are you in His Presence? 
Delight yourself in Him. Draw near to Him - He will draw near to you. 
Several weeks ago, I was cleaning at my Uncles. It was not the easiest job, rather it was difficult. The Father reminded me of the verse in Psalms about being in His presence. I was delighted in Him. 
Earlier that day, I had been reading something from a book called, "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young. It was an encouragement to my soul, and exactly what I needed for that day.
"Be willing to fight for this precious time with ME. Fight your own desires to stay in bed or to do your own will. Resist and the evil one will flee. Be humble and God your Father will come near you."
"Father, throughout my day, I want to be in Your presence. Show me where to go. What to say. Purify my heart and cleanse me from withing. You are all I need. Amen."

*Psalms 16:11


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger.

He is worth it all

>> <<